A huge thank you to our supporters for your ongoing generosity that has enabled the completion of the boys' dormitory, teachers’ quarters and laid the foundations of the girls' dormitory at St Theresa’s school.
We would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to Christine Nyiraziraje, the Headteacher of St Theresa’s. Christine would like us to convey her gratitude for your support in completing these much-needed works.
Due to the COVID pandemic the school was temporarily closed for 7 months and is due to reopen on 15th October for a staggered return to the classroom. The school has set up sanitization stations and will be following strict guidelines to protect the children and staff.
With the school closed for so long, staff have been left without wages and facing the prospect of homelessness. GETA has provided funds to support the school and staff to return to work. However, this is a short-term solution, and we are dependent on your continuing generosity to provide ongoing funding to support keeping the school open.
How can you help?
- Simply shop at smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1167092-0 or with AmazonSmile in the Amazon Shopping app, and AmazonSmile donates to Give Education To All (GETA).
- Donate directly via PayPal - this can be a regular monthly donation or a one-off payment
- Make sure that if you are a UK taxpayer you complete a gift-aid form
- GETA receives an extra 25p for every £1 that you donate
- Are you a runner or a whiz in the kitchen? You could select GETA as your chosen charity for a marathon, fun run, or bake-off.
All donations received are sent directly to the school to provide children in remote Uganda with the opportunity of an education. Any help you can provide, big or small, will make a substantial difference to their futures.