Dearest friends and partners in developing St Theresa's Nursery and Primary School,
Greetings and best regards from the Patron, Staff, Parents, Pupils and the community.
Highlights from January - May 2016
Current Enrolment: 73
Baby - 16 | Top - 4 | P.1 - 16 | P.2 - 16 | P.3 - 13 | P.4 - 08
Staff - Teaching & Non-Teaching
- Jacent Nantale (Teacher)
- Irene Birungi (Teacher)
- Jane Rose Katwesige (Teacher)
- Agnes Furah (Teacher)
- Williams Bulima (Teacher)
- Christine Nyiraziraze ( Director)
- Fred Kugonza (Co-Director)
- Fr. Paul Bigirwa (Patron)
- Bagonza Josephat (Security Officer)
- Oliver Birungi (Caterer)
- Namuwonge (Administrator)
- Joseph Kansiime (Gardener)
The term was generally successful:
- The learning process was successful
- We provided at least one meal a day to the children, i.e. Break Porridge
- We provided exercise books, pens and pencils to the learners
- We provided some shoes from sympathizers
- We also subsidized the school uniform though most children are yet to afford one
- We improved our compound
- We plastered and painted the outside of the classes
- We put 1x two roomed classroom block
- We started 5x units of staff quarters since all the teachers come from outside the area
- We are also setting up an office for the school.
CHALLENGES AND WAY FORWARD
- The school is gaining popularity because of its friendly environment and treatment of learners - like free scholastic materials, meals, shoes among others.
Consequently the parents have requested for the following:
- Addition of Primary five and six by next term.
- Starting of a boarding section for children coming from a long distance
- Provision of a school van to cater for nursery children who can't walk alone to school
- Provision of playing materials
- Prompt payment of staff salaries among others.
We thank and appreciate all the GETA members for the creativity, love, dedication and selflessness in running of this initiative, we are indeed grateful.
We also thank the St. Margaret’s Parish community for the generous contributions – may the Almighty God reward you abundantly.
Fr. Paul Bigirwa